TIGHT on cash but need a new computer? Have you considered getting a refurbished computer?
Refurbished may seem like a dirty word but if you’re looking for a cheaper, though still relatively sound way to get your hands on some computers, accessing refurbished computers can be a great option. Refurbished technology can originate from a variety of sources, including:
• Customer returns and cancelled orders – Fully-functional products that leave the HP warehouse and therefore can no longer be sold as new.
• Damaged products – Products returned because of cosmetic flaws or damage during shipping or a broken part.
• Overstocks – Items that are returned by the seller to make room for newer product lines.
• Demonstration – Products have been used as demos.
There are Microsoft Refurbishers around the world that can provide you a professionally refurbished computer preinstalled with genuine Microsoft software for use at home, in commercial businesses, or at non-profit organisations.
HP re-certifies their products to the factory specifications and architectural features of the original model, so you can expect the same performance, software and certifications as when it was brand new.
Dell Outlet offers three types of refurbished inventory:
1. Certified Refurbished PCs are laptops and desktops that have been returned to Dell, put through the production process, and then again retested to ensure they meet all original factory specifications. Certified Refurbished systems may have some observable cosmetic blemishes, but they will not affect performance.
2. Previously Ordered New computers are PCs that were shipped out to a customer who opened the box, but decided to return the system without ever using it. All of these computers have undergone testing and repackaging by Dell Outlet. Previously Ordered New systems do not have any cosmetic damages.
3. Scratch and Dent products are systems with considerable cosmetic blemishes that do not affect performance. They are a great way to save money while still enjoying Dell Outlet’s rigorous rebuilding and testing process. Scratch and Dent computers will not have scratches or pits on the screen, missing or illegible letters on the keyboard, or damage to the touchpad or palmrest.
Apple Certified Refurbished Products are pre-owned Apple products that undergo Apple’s stringent refurbishment process prior to being offered for sale. While only some units are returned due to technical issues, all units undergo Apple’s stringent quality refurbishment process.
Were you aware of the option to buy refurbished technology? Have you ever purchased a refurbished computer? Was it a good experience or a not so good one?